- Associate Member – Science Fiction Writers of America (SFWA)
- Member of Codex Writer’s Group
- Graduate of Viable Paradise XVIII
In addition to my work as a copywriter and editor, I am also a speculative fiction author. What is speculative fiction? I’m so glad you asked! Speculative fiction is an all-encompassing term for science fiction, fantasy, and horror, and the blending of those genres.
What do I love about speculative fiction?
- Space has always piqued my curiosity. I love stories with spaceships in them and still secretly want to go to Space Camp.
- “Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark” was my gateway horror reading as a kid.
- I’ve only discovered in the last five years that the fantasy genre is so, so much more than a guy with a sword on a quest. N.K. Jemison was my gateway fantasy author, and The Broken Earth trilogy is a masterpiece.
Check out my published fiction below and I hope you’ll find a story that resonates with you.
“Contractual Obligations” ~ Daily Science Fiction (April 28, 2017)
“The Silence of the Yams” ~ reprint, Digital Fiction Pub (November 3, 2016)
“The Silence of the Yams” ~ Grievous Angel (May 24, 2015)
The fava beans quivered in their plastic bag prison, and the onions and bell peppers huddled closer to them for warmth. The vegetarian mistress of murder left neither carrot with intact skins, nor any cabbage whole…
“The Quantum Mechanics of Falling in Love” (as Jessica Broughton) ~ A Year in Ink Vol. 6 (2013)
“Bespoke” (as Jessica M. Broughton) ~ Tales to Terrify (June 7, 2013)
As the blindfold was pulled taut across her shockingly green eyes, shielding them from the sunset she knew was her last, Ofelia squared her shoulders and held her head high…
“My Hot Spot” (as Jessica M. Broughton) ~ The Drabblecast (August 17, 2011) (NSFW)